With this new approach, Moses & Singer reclaimed time, enabled efficiency, and drove data-driven decision-making while onboarding an easy-to-use solution.
The Case for Using Technology:
- Streamline manual work: Flo Recruit Applicant Tracking streamlined recruitment workflows, saving time on manual tasks and freeing up resources for strategic initiatives.
- Enable data-driven decision-making: The platform provided data insights to evaluate outside recruiters, ensuring the selection of agencies that consistently deliver quality candidates and ensuring recruiting dollars are spent where they’ll be the most effective.
- Create a single source of truth: A central repository of candidate data improved organization and accessibility, eliminating the need to search and maintain multiple data sources when interacting with candidates or recruiters or prepping for the interview process, enhancing the entire recruitment process.
- Scalable and future-proof: Moses & Singer benefits from Flo Recruit Applicant Tracking System features for mid-sized firms today, customized to their specific needs, while setting the stage for future growth with scalability.
- Seamless onboarding and ongoing support: Flo Recruit facilitated a smooth transition, and their responsive support team ensured a positive experience throughout implementation and continued use. The platform is user-friendly, enabling quick proficiency by the recruitment team.
Coming on board in late 2022, Chief Talent Officer Royce Akiva wanted to identify a new and innovative recruitment platform that would reshape and optimize how the firm approaches recruitment of talent. She knew that such a tool would assist in recruiting efforts for Moses & Singer, a prestigious New York-based full service law firm that operates in a fiercely competitive market where talent acquisition is pivotal in upholding its sterling reputation.
Prior to working with Flo Recruit, Moses & Singer and Akiva were dealing with routine administrative tasks such as managing recruiting data dispersed across various platforms, manual data entry such as entering candidate information into spreadsheets, maintaining resumes and transcripts in a separate location, and tracking attorney evaluations of candidates and metrics around recruitment fees in yet more, separate locations.
Having used Flo Recruit Applicant Tracking System (ATS) at her prior firm, Akiva was confident that implementing the software would streamline the recruitment processes, ease the administrative burdens and time-intensive tasks, and ultimately set up systems that would position Moses & Singer for continued growth in the future.
Flo Recruit: A Game-Changer
The introduction of Flo Recruit Applicant Tracking marked a pivotal turning point in Moses & Singer’s recruitment journey. This innovative solution offered easy, centralized access to candidate data, recruiter information, and attorney evaluations. As a result, Akiva and her team were able to reduce the time spent on administrative tasks and refocus efforts on vital activities like workflow allocation, strategic planning for the various practice groups, managing CLE training programs, and engaging in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives within the firm.
Achieving efficiency and effectiveness
As famed management consultant Peter Drucker said, “Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.” With Flo Recruit's ATS, Akiva and Moses & Singer achieved both goals. It ensured that candidate submissions were correctly organized, eliminating the risk of losing valuable prospects or accepting duplicate submissions. Customizable fields allowed for swift information retrieval, and responding to recruiter inquiries became seamless, thanks to Flo Recruit's intuitive interface.
Not to mention the reduction in the administrative tasks of managing those disparate recruitment systems ensured Akiva and her team had the time and ability to keep in contact with candidates and recruiters, ensuring Moses & Singer remained top of mind.
Not only did Flo Recruit empower Akiva and her team by driving efficiency within the recruitment process, but it also ensured Moses & Singer and Akiva were taking strategic steps to make recommendations based on data-driven insights. Through the platform, Akiva could assess which recruiters consistently provided candidates who not only met the firm's requirements but also interviewed with the firm and/or accepted offers. This data-driven approach enhanced the firm's decision-making processes and resource allocation.
The Future of Mid-Size Firm Recruitment
Akiva's prior experience with Flo Recruit at a larger firm underscored the platform's scalability and adaptability. She knew it was a system with customizable features and an ability to scale, making it an ideal solution for mid-sized firms like Moses & Singer.
As Akiva said, “I can use the pieces I require and customize the entire database to fit our needs. That Flo Recruit’s ATS has the capability to grow with us is nice because I know that I won’t have to start with a smaller platform and migrate to something more robust down the road. It’s a great tool for firms, regardless of size.”
Designed for Legal Recruiting Professionals
It’s a well-accepted axiom that organizational change and alterations to enterprise software create challenges in adoption. It was a welcome change for Akiva and her team, as implementing Flo Recruit was a seamless experience, with the team achieving proficiency in about a week. Flo Recruit's dedicated and responsive support team was pivotal, ensuring a smooth transition and offering prompt assistance whenever needed. The platform's user-friendly interface facilitated the adoption process, and Flo Recruit's receptiveness to user feedback ensured a collaborative and productive partnership.
In the fast-paced world of legal recruitment, Flo Recruit Applicant Tracking has transformed how Moses & Singer’s recruitment process operates. With a centralized candidate database, data-driven insights, and scalability, Flo Recruit is not just an applicant tracking system; it's a catalyst for growth and success in legal recruitment.
* Opinions and perspectives provided in this case study are claimed by the individual quoted, and not by the employer.